Florida water is an alcohol-based cologne first used in the early 1800s as a perfume. More recently, it has become a staple in mystical practices. it was given the name "Florida water" because the Fountain of Youth is said to be somewhere in Florida. She and Lyons both note that today, it's used for offerings, cleansing, and more and is popular among those who practice hoodoo, rootwork, and American folk magic.
Offer it to your ancestors or guides on your altar in a bowl.
Have some in a bowl nearby when communing with ancestors or guides and asking them for advice.
Place a small bowl of Florida water on your altar as an offering of self-love.
Wipe your mirror with diluted Florida water, and then do a self-love ritual of your choosing in front of the mirror.
Energetically cleanse yourself with Florida water by spraying it around you or putting a bit on your wrists.
Energetically (and literally) cleanse ritual tools like crystals with a bit of diluted Florida water to give them a refresh.
- Use it to cleanse your altar and anything on it by diluting some with water in a spray bottle and spraying on your altar, then wiping down.
- Use it in your usual floor cleaner to cleanse your home and wash away negative energy.
- Fill a small bowl with spring water, Florida water, and a piece of a bluing square if you have one. Place the bowl by your front door to draw out negative energy from your home. Replace the water once a week.
- Use it as the water element in rituals, along with a candle for fire, a crystal or rock for earth, and incense for air. (It's considered powerful to have all four elements present when doing rituals.)
- Dilute Florida water with spring water in a spray bottle and use the spray to cleanse any room in your home.
- Spray some diluted Florida water around you or your space before you begin a tarot reading.
- Spray some diluted Florida water around you or your space before meditating.
- Anoint yourself with a bit of Florida water (emphasis on just a bit!) if you want an energetic refresh or a boost of creativity and inspiration.
- Use it alongside any spells or rituals for attracting love to increase the potency of the spell/ritual.
- Wear a bit like perfume whenever you want protection.
- Keep some in your workplace or on your desk to welcome positive energy and banish negativity.
- Spray some diluted Florida water and patchouli essential oil on your cash for extra abundance.
- Add a bit of Florida water to your laundry (especially bedding if you frequently have nightmares) for protection.
- Place some in a bowl on your nightstand to more easily remember your dreams.